Monday, July 26, 2010

Water Baby

In my post Recession Proof, I promised to get into the strange phenomenon of my having great ideas in the bath tub. Well in truth, it all boils down to me having great ideas while being in close proximity to water sources of any kind. While taking baths or lounging on the beach I tend to come up with great stories or solve issues that seemed unsolvable almost effortlessly. After much discussions about this with my closest friends and relatives, the conclusion we’ve come to is that it is a direct result of my being born under the Astrological Water Sign Cancer:


water elements: Torrents of passion well within water signs and they feel things deeply. However, water signs are always emotionally reserved, no matter what impression they might give on the surface. Still water, it has been said, runs deep, and the mystery about water pertains to this group (especially Scorpio). A water sign will always become quiet or withdrawn when they are trying to sort things out. It will take some time to get to know them well, for they reveal themselves slowly. They realize their intense emotions hold tremendous power, and they tend to handle their feelings carefully.


Cancer is a Cardinal sign, Scorpio is a Fixed sign, and Pisces is a Mutable sign. In basic terms, Cancer leads and initiates, Scorpio goes deep with a fixed focus and Pisces is changeable, hard to pin down.

Look carefully at the bold parts and it seems to make sense that i would be at my best mentally (and in all fascists) when i am alone with only the water. However my natural oneness with water doesn't stop with my thoughts, ever since I can remember, I have always felt at home in the water.


When I was less than two years old, I was riding waves in my father’s arms in the night seas of Virginia Beach. Some babies are scared to put a toe in the ocean midday but, according to my parents, I was fearlessly laughing and bursting with joy as I splashed around under the moon with my daddy singing Mother Goose songs. I always love that image because I think it lays out the whole blue print of who I am, loving the water and not able to keep my mouth shut lol.

In all seriousness, there is just something so magical about the ocean. It has the power to kill you within seconds but still manages to be the most calming presence we have in all of nature. It has been around longer than humans, it existed before Dinosaurs and everything else, it gives life to everything that has ever lived and ever will live, it has seen empires rise and dynasties fall, it will never be exactly the same twice, and will endure long after we are gone.



1 comment:

  1. that is so you, and I love the last part about the water!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...