Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Twenty Four

And so it begins… I have come to the point of life where my age is reflected in television show titles. On Thursday I will be turning 24 and from there it’s only a hope, skip and jump away from Thirty-Something and then (god-willing) it won’t be long before I become a Golden Girl. It’s pretty scary boys and girls.


Okay so I might be exaggerating a little bit but I truly can’t believe that I am only one year away from quarter century mark. It really shouldn’t be that surprising as it seems the number of people I know who are married and/ or having babies seems to expand daily. It’s just that I can’t believe that the things that seem so recent were so long ago. Have I really known my best friend for 10 years? And how is it possible that the trip to Disney World when Kristen was doing cart wheels through the air port (and hotel, and parks, and other airport) was 2/3 of my life ago? I remember it all so vividly.


There are times when I find myself saying things about “kids today,” how they have things that we never had or how they act in ways that we never would have “When we were kids.” This is true but, oh my God, I sound old! Even worse, when I say these things I feel old. I know I’m not old but it’s weird to think of my self as a grownup (though I am) because I still feel like the girl who sat in the hallway in High School signing the “Lime in the Coconut” song while waiting for club pictures. I see no shame in telling you that I’ve done that because it is something that I would, and possibly at some point will, still do.


I figured I’d write this today because there is a good chance I won’t blog again before my birthday. I am going to see Ryan Star again tomorrow (shocking I know, I’m going to a concert) and who knows what else is in store for birthday week. In many ways, I’m different than I thought I’d be at 24 but I think that’s normal. I always thought about the job I’d have or the family I’d be making when I was a “grownup” but never much considered the fun side of things like the trips I’ve taken or how I’d be buddying around with musicians. In fact, I never really thought music would have any impact on my life, let alone become such a huge part of me. What a great surprise that was.


To finsh, it isn’t the life I pictures but it is the life I love. I have plenty of time for all that boring stuff and in the meantime, carpe dieum!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy it all while you can, you never know what tomorrow will bring. IF you think 24 seems unbelievable to you think about me. I am the one who gave birth to you and I can't believe it either. Enjoy life all you can.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...