Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tune in Tuesday: Ryan Star's 11:59

I interrupt Beach Week for an important announcement about a "shore"fire hit! that was stupid



This could be the best time of our lives, tonight

Don't let the moment pass by
Put the windows down and drive away.

This is the chorus of 11:59's title track and it is also the mantra I've lived since graduation. basically what 11:59 is all about is living life to the fullest because you never know what the future holds which is something, as first unemployed and now still not a journalist, I have connected to even before I'd heard the song, or for that matter Star.

So with my PLAY NOW BECAUSE YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TIME TO WORK OR PAY LATER attitude I have, as you know, gone to a great deal of concerts which led me to see Ryan Star for the first time in March of 2009 as he opened for David Cook. I've already gone into how great a performer he is, and how he should never be missed in Music Monday: Ryan Star (and again in 2 Girls From New York Go Into a Bar ) so I won't do it again but basically from that first encounter, I have been aching for his album and now, almost a year and a half later, it will finally be available in one week.

That is a long time to wait for music and, as a very impatient person, I didn't. I went to see him live Easter, Earth Day, that night in Virgina, and most recently celebrated my birthday a day early at a radio gig of his and during that time I realized that he has improved ten fold over that opening act that matched up with the incomparable David Cook. Even more important, however, I have had the chance to get to know Ryan and I can tell you, as great of a performer as he is, that is nothing compared to how great of a person he is. He makes his fans feels like family, and if there was ever a nice guy who deserved to finish first, it's him.

Now that part is up to you. I've already ordered my copy of 11:59 and i suggest you do the same. You want more proof, go listen to it here. When you're done doing that, head over to Amazon or Itunes, RSTAR.net, or wherever it is you like to buy music (are record stores still around?) and preorder your copy today.

Thank You

Now back to the beach...

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! Can't wait for it either, he deserves all the success in the world! I have a feeling this album is going to be huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best album of the year if David Cook's next one doesn't come out until after New Year's (at which point It will be his postmortem b/c i'll kill him if i have to wait over two years between albums) ok so soon to be second best album of the year 11:59 lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...