Monday, April 5, 2010

Music Monday: Ryan Star

If you want a high octane, energy to the max performance with great vocals to back it up you clearly are lacking some serious Ryan Star.

You may remember Star, who has been performing music since his mid teens, from the reality television show ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA. You might also know Star’s voice from Fox’s LIE TO ME where "Brand New Day" is the theme song. However the stage is where he is at his best. Last night I saw him at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC and it truly made my Easter complete.

If you are going to be in one of the following places on the corresponding dates, treat yourself.

• Sun 4/11 in San Francisco, CA
• Mon 4/12 in San Diego, CA
• Tue 4/13 in Los Angeles, CA
• Thu 4/15 in Albuquerque, NM
• Sat 4/17 in Denver, CO
• Mon 4/19 in New York, NY
• Tue 4/20 in Kansas City, MO
• Thu 4/22 in Dallas, TX
• Fri 4/23 in Houston, TX
• Mon 4/26 in Nashville, TN
• Tue 4/27 in Atlanta, GA
• Thu 4/29 in Greenville, SC
• Fri 4/30 in North Augusta, SC
• Sat 5/1 in Easton, MD
• Sun 5/2 in Arlington, VA
• Fri 5/7 in Toledo, OH
• Sat 5/8 in Cleveland, OH
• Mon 5/10 in Milwaukee, WI

Along with his music, you will also be treated with his great sense of humor. In January I ran into him and told him that I was listening to his song BACK OF YOUR CAR in which he talks about how he'll wait for his lady in the back of her car. I, being funny, told him that if a guy was waiting in the back of my car, I would probably bludgeon him to death with the ice scrapper. He then laughed and said that I had ruined that song and the sensual moment of his life that it was written about. Last night he didn’t perform it and I reminded him of the incident and he said, “That was you! Yes because of you, I never perform that song anymore. No not really.”

Then he sang the song into my ear, making my best friend tell me that she hates me.

To hear that song, or any of his music go to:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/last-train-home-ep/id318614919
And please support him at http://rstar.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...