Sunday, April 11, 2010

The miracle cure that shrinks your thighs

Nope, nope still haven’t found it. You may my blog at the end of March “Operation better Limbs”
( http://lissiedsviewfromhere.blogspot.com/2010/03/operation-better-limbs.html?spref=tw ) where I talked about trying to lose weight in my upper legs. Well it’s been a few weeks so I figured I’d update you on how it’s going and what I have been doing.

TAKE THE STAIRS
They say this is an easy and surefire way to lose fat off of your bottom half. I also remember reading that by taking stairs two at a time that you build muscle in, not only your legs, but also your booty. Now I work on the fifth floor of a building so I decided to substitute the elevator for stairs at the least once going up and once going down. So far, I don’t feel anything but I’ll keep going because it is possible there are new muscles building under all of the fat and I just can’t tell yet.

WALKING BACKWARDS UP HILLS
According to workout gurus by walking backwards (especially on an incline) you engage the quad muscles (front of thigh) and calves to a great extent. These are muscles that don’t get a big workout under normal circumstances so when they do, apparently it can be highly effective. I refuse to do this in Manhattan but I had a week off and have been doing this on walks in my far less congested neighborhood. Like I said, I don’t see any results but I do feel the muscles straining when I do it, so that’s is a plus.

TV WORKOUT
My cable provides workout videos free on demand and there was one specializing in upper thighs. Now it was a Pilates influenced workout and even though I quit my Pilates class after one session in college (my stomach hurt for a week) I decided I’d try it. I could barely walk for three days after 10 minutes. I still hate Pilates!

FIT FLOPS
According to the company claims, “Fit Flop footwear is biomechanically engineered to help tone and tighten your leg muscles while you walk in them.”
I bought them the day after my blog and have been wearing them ever since. So far the only thing that it helped lighten was the weight of my (well technically my mother’s) wallet. However, they aren’t uncomfortable and I love Flip flops so I’ll keep wearing them, who knows maybe they’ll surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...