Thursday, July 29, 2010

The blog nobody saw coming

I was sitting around my room before waiting for the rain to stop, saying how I would blog but I didn't have anything to write about since I was planning on today's post being about my first experience driving a jet ski. I never got to do it, the thunder storms started up again when we got to the rental office. So yeah, nothing to blog about. Then came the drive home.



Car smashed into two and spun around with us inside.



Weren't expecting that, huh? Neither were we. I'm still shaking.


My father, who by the way is 61 years old and makes his living as a driver, has never had anything more than a fender bender before today. He was driving down the block leading to our hotel and crossing a four way intersection (that has no lights because, you know, that is safe.) We stopped at the STOP sign and he didn't see anything. I, for the record, have this horrible habit of thinking like a driver from the passengers side seat and also didn't see anything close. All of a sudden this mini-van comes speeding down the road while we were mid-street. I yelled "WATCH OUT," in that way that everyone does, out of reflex I suppose, but it never really does any good. Next thing I knew, I was spinning around and that noise that had left my memory (and will probably fade away again in an hour or so) from my December 04 crash, came flying back through my head. Luckily nobody was hurt, just a few bruises for me and a few on Lauren (who can now say she's survived a car accident) with a side of scared to a ghostly white color. My mother, who wasn't actually in the car but rather several blocks away, was and still is, a nervous wreck but none the worse for wear.


My father was also alright, though emotionally he's shot. The sign was on our side so, at least according to New York laws, he will probably be at fault legally. Furthermore, it was a teenage driver he hit, so there is a guilt factor, though i personally think speeding her pack car into that big of a collision should get the little twit's license revoked. Then there is our car. His car, which he's had for a year (in which it was cursed-hit while park several times) is now completely demolished. It's okay, though, because we are alive and car are replaceable. Is it upsetting, yes but replaceable. We are luck, in a way, or to better word it, it could always be worse.


I thanked God that he was there to protect us, that he is always there protecting us because no matter how much it burns, the only thing that really matters is that we are alive. Everything else is replaceable.

4 comments:

  1. It is so true thank God we are okay! I hope "little twit" does get her licence revoked because clearly she is not a safe driver. Also thank God they were all okay because can you imagine the guilt you father would have felt if someone was hurt badly or died! Like you say it suck that that car us gone but at least everyone is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't type on my iPod lol. That sounds like I just learned how to speak English!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank God all three of you are alive. Keep telling Dad it was not his fault. So glad your angels were working over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - HOW ARE YOU GETTING HOME? JUST TALKED WITH YOUR MOM AND DAD - SO I GUESS TIM IS GONNA GET YOU GUYS TOMORROW. IF FOR SOME REASON HE CAN'T, CALL US - WE'LL GET YOU HOME!
    LOVE, AUNT KATH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...