Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tim Halperin - She Runs


If you haven’t noticed by my obscure Music Monday Posts (or the fact that other than David Cook you have probably never heard of any artists I have ever written about) I tend to gravitate toward the borders of the music world. Say what you want about the music you listen to, but I feel independent artists (or those who were) are the only people trying to create anything of substance anymore. Today’s music scene is about sight more than sound, singles over albums, and auto-tunes that get caught in your head driving you insane over lyrics that speak to the listener. It’s a sad state of affairs but that’s where the money is in 2010.


Music videos are mini-movies with Blockbuster budgets so what’s an Indy artists to do? The only option is to get creative. In the case of Tim Halprin this meant modeling his video for SHE RUNS after a school play. I know that the idea of three and a half minutes of cardboard lockers and painted backgrounds doesn’t sound promising, I mean who goes to a school play unless someone is making them, but with lyrics like, “Ever since she was a baby Karen couldn't sit still They had to create healthcare For all the boys that she made ill,” and, “Could this be my future? Could this be my past? Karen's running out of reasons, And I am falling fast,” the child-like innocence of the video becomes the perfect backdrop for the story of a boy chasing a girl his entire like but never quite catching her. But don’t take my word or it, check it out yourself

So now that you saw the video, and I hope that you loved it as I did, and you want even more Tim head over to his official website where you can see lyrics, learn more about the artist, find your one stop shopping for connecting with the artist, and best of all get a link to download a free EP.


Free music, what’s better than that?

Nothing!

2 comments:

  1. The most amazing song! I have listened to it SO many times, it is great! Keep doing this stuff, hope to see more of it in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...