Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lemonade



Whoever They are say that when life gives you lemons that you should make lemonade. Well, lately, life feels like the world shifted while I was sleeping and I now reside in an orchard where oversized lemons keep falling from the trees and tumbling onto my head. First came that horrible car accident that took a pretty rough toll on me mentally.


When we came home from the vacation, we did so

to a very sick dog and exactly one week after returning,

we had to put DJ to sleep.




As you can imagine it’s been a bit hard. The empty hall ways that DJ isn’t sleeping in, the nights where I wake up sweating from the screeching of tires and crushing of metal that was left in a junk yard over 100 miles away aren’t easy to shake but I’m getting there. I’ve heard myself laugh and actually believed I meant it, I can see dogs and not sob in public, and there was even a day this week where it didn’t seem daunting to get out of bed. Last night I stayed up until almost dawn by choice, watching my favorite shows and laughing instead of tossing and turning because I can’t sleep. I thought things were finally getting back to normal, silly me.


This morning actually my lazy ass slept until afternoon I woke up to find out that we have to go back to Seaside because my father must appear in person on Tuesday, to fight a ticket in reference to the accident. For the record the ticket came in the mail yesterday. My father was going to plead guilty and pay the fine, not because anyone thinks he’s guilty but because, we don’t have a lawyer yet and the due to price of travel and stay in Seaside during the summer, it would just be easier. However, the very rude woman who told my father she doesn’t care about his problems and that we couldn’t postpone the date and if he tried she’s have him arrested, also informed him that he must be present in court just to plead guilty because, “there were victims” (for the record Speedy Gonzales the other driver has a bruise, as did I.)


Anyway so long story short, I’m going on an unexpected vacation. This in itself is a bit of a stress because, as I mentioned in Packing I’m a bit crazy when it comes to knowing in (way in advance) advance what will be bringing and now I had thirty something hours. Also, when I went to Seaside in the end of July, my period was three weeks late making it perfectly aligned with the weeklong trip; now I bet you can’t guess what is three days early? Whatever I’m not sweating it. As Monty Python says “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life,” and so I am. I unexpectedly get to see my Shore friends about a month earlier than the fall visit we’d planned. Plus, I get to visit the ocean which you know I love and I’m really putting faith in the mysterious healing powers of the seas both in the emotional sense and literally, salt water heals wounds and I have this huge gash on my ankle I suffered when I fell over my own two feet last Monday. I also get to go off of my diet and eat all that so good but so bad for you food that I only allow myself to pig out on a boardwalk, who knows maybe I’ll even drink some lemonade.

3 comments:

  1. "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" love that song and really good words to live by!
    You have the right attitude here. It is a crappy situation but all you can do is make the best of it. We WILL have fun in spite of the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we will. I was going to say something about swimming or jet skies but who knows what'll happen lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO JET SKIES!!!!!!!!!! SWIMMING ALL RIGHT. BUT YOU LEFT OUT THE BEST PART - MUSIC MAN EVERY NIGHT- HANG IN THERE IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN GOD. IT IS NOT EASY FOR ANY OF US.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...