Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Far to Silly: The one and Only Graham Chapman*

*The Original title for this post was "The Life of Graham" which I thought was very cleaver. However, while looking up Chapman's Book GRAHAM CRACKERS I discovered that my cleaver title had already been used for a book, that I had no conscience memory of ever seeing. Now I don't actually believe that Chapman's estate nor the author, Bob McCabe, would actually sue me over this Eric Idle would but, having found this out, I felt it was the right thing to rename the post. This title is a reference to Chapman's famous character of "the colonel" who constantly interupted the program if it got to silly and who was infact a reference to Chapman's police officer father.


Perhaps it was seeing Michael Palin last week, but it had come to my attention that my life has been lacking some serious Monty Python lately. It makes sense since, ever since last Fall I have been to busy to keep up with new television, that I would cut out watching episodes of a TV show and 3 movies that I've seen several million times. However, it was a situation that needed to be rectified and so it was.

While on my mini vacation (which I am to tired to blog about) I said every line word for word watched MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN reminding me just why I love Graham Chapman so much.

Here are some clips from the film (Chapman is Biggus and Brian)






NUDITY WARNING FOR THIS ONE



And here is, for some reason I can't pin down, one of my favoirite scenes Graham had ever performed in.




Funny stuff right?

Sadly, Graham Chapman is no longer with us. Here are clips from his memorial that proved Pythons are funny until the end (and beyond.)

1 comment:

  1. It is so sad that he is gone but at least his comedy lives on. Side note we need to watch some more Python lol there is just never enough time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...