Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A blog different than I thought it would be

I was thinking of writing a blog about how I'm once again freaking out about how I am days away from going to Washington and not completely, mostly, or really very pack at all.  For some reason these trips to the Capital (Hunger Game shivers) always tend to sneak up on me. However then I read about my packing woes before my first trip two years ago and I'm feeling tons better. That time I was only writing my packing list less than two days before and everything turned out great!


Based on that, I'm actually ahead of scheduled.  I've already picked out my outfit for the cocktail party Saturday Night and have already put shirts, undergarments, and toiletries in a suitcase.  Given the suitcase is actual too small to fit anything else so all of these things have to be relocated into a larger, not currently empty suitcase but hey, that's just a technicality right?  My day of outfit is already laid out and I'm getting my hair cut Friday night so I don't have to spend hours on end getting it party perfect for Saturday.


Considering I have work 5 days this week and feel as though April was super busy and hectic, albeit there's been a lot of fun,  I think I actually should be patting myself on the back.   It can be easier sometimes to see all the things that I haven't done- the packing situation, still not blogging about the thing I wanted to review in August, only being on chapter 4 of Catching Fire (not to mention how long it took to finish Good Omens) but I think I need to start being a little easier on myself.  Sure there is a lot that isn't getting done as fast as it might have a few years ago but, when there are, I hit my deadlines and in the grand scheme of things I think it's better to have been to tired from playing with GiGi (and Tom) all day or seeing a show/play/movie that I really liked than to have gotten everything done but have nothing great to look back on. 

 Nobody remembers how long it took to pack, only what happened on the trip.
Carpe 2012 everybody!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...