Friday, May 25, 2012

This blog contains spoilers...

Sure it's been a while since they aired, but as someone with two episodes of last season's True Blood still unwatched on the dvr I figure I should warn you that this is going to be about how I felt about the finales of popular tv shows with details so don't read them if you have not seen them.

Desperate Housewives
After 8 seasons my love/hate relationship with this show came to an end a few weeks ago. The show, in my opinion, would have been better off ending last season right before the characters murdered and then buried a body creating a plague on television basically all season. However they didn't, an most of the way things wrapped up was nice. It was good that Gabrielle became less spoiled, Lanette and Tom (predictably) reconciled to live happy together, Susan finally became a good mother and strong woman, and both Rene and Bree got married. It was actually quite moving to see all of the characters who've died watching Susan leave the Lane as she drove off and I admit I began to tear a bit. Still one thing bothered me, preventing me from liking the ending; it is said that the four main women don't ever get together once Susan moves. Perhaps they keep in touch but never the four of them just hanging together ever again?! After all of the ridiculous things they went through together I am expected to believe they drifted from long distance separating them. I don't think so.
Glee
I found it a bit indulgent. While most episodes have a plot this was barely more than a string of performances about saying goodbye (without Saying Goodbye by the Muppets nonetheless!) with a few weep inducing moments thrown in like Coach Sylvester saying goodbye to Quinn. In the final moments Finn took fiance Rachel to the train to New York to go live her dreams of being a Broadway Star by accepting her place at N Y A D A. You see Rachel wasn't going to go because Finn wasn't accepted into a New York college and she didn't want to go unless they went together. As one of the most self centered characters on TV, this was noble and showed growth; going without him was predictable. In addition Finn broke up with Rachel and is going to join the army. This is stupid because plenty of people in the army are in relationships. On top of that, Cory Monteith has signed on for next season killing the suspense of him possibly dying which I feel almost positive would happen if you are signing in Iraq.... By friendly fire. I was originally going to get into Revenge but honestly it needs it's own post it was so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...