Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sweat the show that might make me kind of a pedophile

Sweat was an Australian tv show that aired around 1996 or 7 about young Olympic caliber athletes at a training academy and starred a then teenaged Heath Ledger. Along with all of your other 1990s teen stereotypes like the cry baby, the sex obsessed one, and the brooding hotty the show was unique because it had a three dimensional gay boy character, Snowy Bawls. This was the role played by the future Brokeback Mountain star.

Get the laugh out, you know you want to- ha ha the gay boy was called balls. Done? So glad. Now that that's behind us I have to talk about Heath's performance because seeing one of his earliest, if not the earliest roles was my sole reason for searching for it on YouTube and he doesn't disappoint. Well, truthfully, he started out God-awful but after an episode or two he got the hang of it and once it got to the Snowy-centric storylines like coming out and first heartbreak, the star was there. Perhaps he needed a bit more work but it was clear the talent had been honed.

Ok so about the being a pedophile...
First I want to state that attraction to Ledger is not
Necrophilia because that is attraction to a corpse and while Heath may be dead he was very alive when he recorded the things I am attracted (also rumor is he was cremated so there is no body to be attracted to.) Anyway, so Ledger was born in April 1979 which means he was under 18 the age he would have been considered a man in the USA, while filming. This means I am finding a child sexy.

So to come to my defense:
-the age of consent is 16 in Australia
-he looked older
-With a time machine sending me back to the set, I most likely don't make an actual move on him (although apparently one 30+ year old women did)
-at the time he made it, I didn't even have a period so really he'd be the gross one
-He wears bicycle shorts
I believe any court would say I am innocent of the heinous charge.

Regardless of my cougar status, I would recommend the show and not just for his bum. It is one of the better teen shows I've seen. That said, the series was ripped from YouTube so good luck finding it. I had to buy it when I was half way through episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...