Thursday, May 31, 2012

Highline Zoo

While taking a stroll on the Highline today I saw the following on a roof top somewhere between 27th and 28th Streets:
It's called The Highline Zoo and urged me to find out more at thehighlinezoo.com which I did, as well as further research leading me to find out that the display was created by a "group of artists including Sun Bae, Stuart Braunstein and Jordan Betten."


 Now I am an easily pleased person, in that I enjoy simple pretty things, I went to an arts college so the animals in day light was enough to strike my fancy. However, after Googling I found out that it lights up at night complete with video and sound. This is what professionals would call the, "Oooh Shiny" effect and usually makes things even more pleasing to the sensory system.  I really want to see the show at night but I am trying to hold off until the end of June because every third Thursday of the month the show is even further enlivened with a music and dance performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...