Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

In honor of Thanksgiving...
1-I am thankful for my extended family whom have been there throughout my life
2-I am thankful for "new family members" that for twenty plus years were nothing more than characters from family stories that took place B.E. (before Elisa)
3-I am thankful for three years with the Gables that enriched my life immeasurably
4-I am thankful for every bad that happens because behind it there is a lesson, though I bitch about it and it'll take time to see the use in it sometimes
5-I am thankful for my friends who have become more like family
6-I am thankful for my parents who gave me a great childhood
7- I am thankful for my mother who loves me more than anyone and her ability to remember every due book at the library or anything else I need to remember but forgot
8-I am thankful for Graham for unconditional love and licking away of tears
9-I am thankful for how sad I feel for my Seaside friends being displaced and how helpless I feel hearing their pain because they are all survived
10-I am thankful for the pain I feel when people disappoint me because it means I haven't given up on them
11-I am thankful for the ones I've given up on for teaching me how to never ever behave
12- I am thankful for my weight struggles because it means I am not malnuriched
13-I am thankful to be straight and white, not because it makes me better than people but because it means no government had to decide if I had the right to be a human. Although I am a woman which brings me to...
14-I am thankful that America was smart enough to vote in a President who didn't want to rewrite the constitution and erase half of American progress


Then, there are the simple things like coffee and ice cream and waterslides and probably a million things that I take for granted ever day and sadly will continue to do but I guess that is another thing I am thankful for- the freedom to complain about my first world problems.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...