Wednesday, November 14, 2012

quick review of Chapter 27


A few years back I happened upon Chapter 27, the story of Mark David Chapman- John Lennon’s killer.

I’m not usually into biopics about murderers but having heard Jarred Leto made such a transformation for the role, I was intrigued. I figured at worse, it’s a history lesson not taught in a class room, and since the Beatles are rock royalty and I have actually met Sean Lennon, I feel like it’s something worth learning about.
Basically the plot is a walkthrough of the days leading up to the murder, and we learn that Chapman was actually a huge Lennon fan. His original intentions were to meet the icon and simply get his autograph. However, we see him slowly get overpowered by mental instability, and though he battles his brain not too, the outcome is what we all know it to be. 


I do not want to feel bad for someone who kills. I tried not to but faced with the impeccable skills of Leto, it’s hard not to feel sympathy, at least for a moment until you realize again, “Oh yeah this guy is a murderer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...