Thursday, February 2, 2012

Michelle Williams Syndrome

I love awards season. I love the clothes and the gossip and I eat up watching people with a heightened sense of self-importance congratulate themselves on how great they are while failing all over eachother because "No you are so amazing." If i sound like I am being sarcastic I'm really not; I really do love it.

I'm not saying they are all that bad, for instance Heath Ledger despised "playing the game" and was completely over Hollywood after Brokeback Mountain, but most celebrities are. I bring up Ledger specifically because during that Oscar run he was the arm candy of Williams when both received their first nominations in 2006, which is when the syndrome started, and whose untimely exit in 2008 left Michelle Williams as Matilda Ledger's sole parent- something you hear a lot about around awards season.

Oh yes, the fact that Michelle raises Matilda on her own has been well played up during the last two Oscar seasons as she contended for best actress which is the Hollywood game, showing reasons why a nominee deserves the award beyond acting talent. So Michelle talks about Matilda and lately has opened up about looking Ledger. Now I don't know how Michelle feels about these fame games- she could despise it the way Ledger did or the rumor that she was so enamored with it that it lead to their relationship demisecould despise be true but it doesn't bother me. They were together and they had a child so I feel she has the right to use it to her advantage especially because several others have claimed without proof relationship with him to further themselves.

My issue is that I just don't like Michelle Williams. It is very odd because I have seen her three nominated roles and feel she deserves them. I suppose I must think she is a good actress which means I want to root for her but I don't know. The same thing has happened every time she is nominated. I think how she deserves it and then by the third Red Carpet am just so tired of her.

I don't know if I always didn't like her or if I just didn't like her for Ledger but I got to see a lot of her because of him and Brokeback which is when I first remember not liking her. I wanted to because he did which desolved into "Whatever. As long as he's happy I don't have to like her" and finally after learning that they broke up, and furthermore some of the stories of what might have led to it is"I knew I didn't like her!"

All logic says that with such strong feelings against her I would never had seen My Week with Marylin or Blue Palestine but as i said I did and I liked them and I know I will be seeing her next movie about the wizard of Oz, I just hope by then i learn how to avoid seeing her out of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...