Friday, February 3, 2012

Alligators loose in New York City!

In Disney's Animal Kingdom there is an alligator pit under a bridge you cross on the safari. I have been on it many times but one of my biggest fears is falling in and being eaten by gators so if they were actually running rapid in the city this blog would be about my relocation or self imprisonment. what is actually going on is that Swamp People has brought the Louisiana swamp lands to this great city. If you are like me and had no idea, this should sum up the show. https://m.facebook.com/SwampPeople?id=104139506312495&_rdr#!/SwampPeople?v=info&__user=46304571





I will admit that I have never been to Louisiana and only know what the swamplands look like from Hurricane Katrina footage but I think they did a really great job making the place look authentic, even bringing in actual animals.




If you look carefully you can see one of the camera shy alligators in the pit.



baby alligator and turtle


They even have samples of cajun food. I had some beef, beans, and rice thing that was kind of like chille and it was really good (though I am not adventurous enough for a new animal, especially since I can't eat Thumper the bunny.)


The display runs until the 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...