Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gorilla Cheese Truck

Having a sandwich from the Gorilla Cheese Truck became a quest for me around Memorial Day when a news program reviewed a bunch of food trucks in a "summer eats" segment. Now when I say quest, don't think of it like a never ending search like that of Don Quixote. It was more like, I saw the segment, thought that the grilled cheeses looked cool, and occasionally checked their website to see that days location when I was at a loss of what to eat. Last week, however, I found out the truck stopped serving on October 1.

Now,while my quest lacked ooph, but that didn't mean I wanted it to end like Monty Python's for the Holy Grail, ie unfinished, so it became my mission to get one, and today, with less than a week left, I finally had my sandwich.

It was a fresh mozzarella and tomato on white bread, and it was phenomenal. Better still, was that the truck was parked near Madison Square Park, so I sat outside of it savoring every last bit of it, while cute dogs passed on their way to Jemmy's dog run and a movie shot across the street.

Sidenote: food trucks are technically illegal in NYC which, in my opinion makes eating from them more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...