Monday, September 19, 2011

Ned Kelly

NED KELLY was one of the few works by Heath Ledger that I had never seen. Maybe the plot seemed like I wouldn't enjoy it when it was released, or maybe it wasn't available but, whatever the reason, it was something I planned to rectify this summer.
I wish I could say I liked it. Sure it was about Irish outlaws in Australia about a century ago but I like to believe I am cultured enough to watch something like that. I think Australia is a beautiful county and the acting was good. Unfortunately, I guess I just don't like Westerns, which it sort of was except that it wasn't America, and not even starring at Ledger and Orlando Bloom the whole time, was enough to keep my attention.

Having said all that, I am glad I saw it. It was nice to see Ledger work with his then girlfriend, and person I frequently see, Naomi Watts, in the film they met on. They shared a steamy love scene which was a nice change from watching the awkward and strained screen relationship he shared with his next girlfriend, Michelle Williams, in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. Besides, they can't all be winners right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...