Saturday, September 3, 2011

HEY LOOK, A HALFPIPE!


I have been wanting to take Gigi to this one particular park in Hudson River Park, ever since I remembered that it existed about month ago. She had really enjoyed herself there last summer; it has man made creeks running through the cement and a water tree too cool children off along with your typical playground apparatus, who wouldn't love it?


Unfortunately, when the cold weather came around last year a playground on a pier above water isn't exactly an ideal place to play and, subsequently, I had forgotten all about it until late July. Then between my vacation, G's family vacation, and a million other little things popping up we still hadn't gotten there so yesterday we decided enough is enough and Lauren, Gigi, and I headed out to play there. On the way we noticed a halfpipe on Pier 54 and thanks to Google found the info:

A massive, all-ages halfpipe demo free to the public, with tricks by professional

skateboarder Hawk, Kevin Staab, Jesse Fritsch, Mitchie Brusco, Sandro Dias,

Neal Hendrix and Elliot Sloan"


Sounded like it could be fun if we could swing it and, as luck would have it, after playing, eating and Gigi's nap, we were able to stop in. I'm glad we did; there was Alt-Rock music which I love to hear and G loved to dance to, not to mention it was my first time watching stunt skateboarding live. The things that those guys can do is truly amazing, if you ever get the opportunity you really should take in one of these.


All in all, I think everyone had a really fun Friday afternoon.













*Photos are from my phone which explains odd sizes and quality


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...