Monday, August 22, 2011

Carvel buy one get one free Dashers

I am not going to lie, I love ice cream. If I could fit it into my Weight Watchers points, I would probably eat it everyday. Because of this, I was quite excited when my family received an ad that said for the month of August Carvel would be doing buy one get one free Sundae Dashers on Monday. Ice cream tends to be a bit undoable on work days do to late dinner, early breakfast, and a need for snacks. However, and rather serendipitiously, I happened to have two Mondays off this month.

Today was the first and after a nice afternoon swimming at a local pool, I went to pick up dessert at Carvel. The register person replied that see knew nothing about the offer, valid arguement, and asked her coworker. He then told me that he did know the offer but that it was one particular date and not today. I said it was all Mondays so he showed me a poster that explained it. It had no date on it and it was advertising milkshakes.

This infuriating incompetence led me to drive home, get the ad, and drive back. If they were not participating, I would have still bought the treats but I was not crazy and as the Joker taught us all in THE DARK KNIGHT, "it's not about money, it is about sending a message." When I got back the owner was at the counter and said that, yes, they were participating.

I win!!!

SIDENOTE: If you have a local Carvel, check if they have the discount and get yourself a treat next week. If you live around me, you really should ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...