Friday, May 21, 2010

Cookie it's been two years since the day…

Two years ago, I had never heard of Ryan Star, Lion of Ido, Green River Ordinance, Crash Kings, Burn Halo, Tonic, or Sleeperstar.



Two years ago, my Ipod had maybe 500 songs, none of which were by artists like Blue October, Our Lady Peace, HIM, or We the Kings.



Two years ago, concerts were a rare occurrence mostly brought on by winning free tickets, and I never traveled for them.



Two years ago, I had no drive to see Washington or Atlantic City and would never have wanted to travel to Tulsa, Oklahoma to see the then debunked band, MWK or the yet to be released To Have Heroes.



Two years ago David Cook was just an American Idol contestant who blew my mind with his songs but then a little after 1O o’clock on May 22, 2008 this happened and neither David nor my life has been the same since.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDdTCXaQFCw

(download this video @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LC1IVIL4 )








Thank you David for, not just the music, but also for introducing me to the soundtrack of my life and for giving me the drive to create memories that will make me smile long after everything else is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...