Monday, March 22, 2010

GiGi’s Smile

I always thought that I’d be working in Manhattan when I was in my twenties, possibly even living there. I didn’t expect, however, that’s I’d still be babysitting when it happened, at least not as my main job. Technically I’ve been upgraded to Nanny but, whatever you call it, I clean poop, wipe food off of everywhere, and have spit up as an occupational hazard. But this isn’t a “Woe is me,” blog, it is about what gets me out of the self pitying place and that is GiGi.

I spend four days a week with what might be the most beautiful baby that has ever graced this earth. In fact she may actually have been put together with spare angel parts. She is just that wonderful. Every day she greets me with the brightest smile you could imagine and then we promptly giggle and play basically all day (occasionally we have to stop for food, naps, and diapers.) It is pretty hard to stay mopey with someone like her.

To see GiGi is to love her and I can only hope that when I have my own children they are half as amazing as she is. I still want to be more than just a nanny, and one day hopefully I will but in the meantime, I get to be a part of the life of an amazing little girl who will one day be an amazing person. If I can say that I was, even in the smallest way a part of that, well that’s something to be proud of.


2 comments:

  1. I wrote a similar blog today lol, you put it better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not love her. Look at that smile. If we could all have the smile of a child forever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...