Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gigi and Thomas visit my house

Last Wednesday, I did something I didn't think I would do for another year; I introduced Graham and Thomas.  When Gigi met Graham she was 2 and I feel like it was a good age because to someone less than a toddler, Graham's evervesance could be overwhelming and possibly scary.  Being a ball of energy is great in a dog but not when you can't run away if you are tired of it.  I figured that when Thomas was 1&1/2 if he were steady on his feel and wouldn't put a dog toy in his mouth we'd arrange a meeting.  That said, Gigi loves Graham and he loves her back so much that the idea of them not seeing each other again before the big move really made me sad. 

Wednesday provided the perfect excuse for a get together because while all New York City kids could enroll in the Summer Reading Program (Gigi had a list of over 300 titles by the way) I knew for sure that my local branch was doing a really great ending party for kids with Pizza, snacks, and goody bags.  While it took a lot of being over careful and running around, it was a really great day and I'm so happy we did it. 

Thomas really liked Graham and wanted to get closer to him, G and Graham froliced around like best friends, she and my mom got to see each other one more time (which is great that could happen because she kept asking to see JoAnn) and G even won a gift card.  By the end of the day we were completely exhausted.


2 comments:

  1. Great post and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great for me too to see Gigi and Thomas. They are wonderful children and I know our family will miss them so much. Good luck to them and hopefully some day I will get to see them again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...