Friday, October 28, 2011

The week in review



Well I had one eventful week!

Last Friday night, Lauren and I found ourselves babysitting for 8 children! It should go without saying that watching that many children is hectic; does everyone have food? can they agree on what to watch? why are they screaming? is everybody ready for bed?- but luckily it was a lot less eventful than the last time we did it and all ten of us came out of it none the worse for wear. In fact the most eventful thing that happened that night was the we managed to find BBC4'S HOLY FLYING CIRCUS on youtube, which I had been dying to see since I heard about it and wasn't airing in America in the foreseeable future. I would post it here but sadly the movie was taken down for copy-write infringement BBC = Nazis but hopefully I'll manage to get to get a review up one of these days.


Fast forward to Tuesday, which was the much anticipated (in NY area) WPLJ's Scott and Todd 20th Anniversary Concert with Duran Duran at Madison Square Garden, which had been hyped since probably Spring. I was excited for the DJs but I never had any intentions on paying to go to the show and it seemed days were dwindling to win a set. However, what I was excited about was the pre-show bash at Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square where there was live music and chances to win. At Five O'clock we went with GiGi, who decided she quite likes Rock and Roll (Girl after my own heart) and put our names in the entry box. Everybody was having a blast and things just kept getting better as our friend Bill snuck us in to the VIP section and then Lauren and I both won tickets to Duran Duran with opener Neon Trees!! Nothing like a surprise concert to get me excited!




Duran Duran from Pro Cameras, view from MSG
seats would never produce this picture




Oh And did I mention David Cook announced a concert in NYC for December?! Excitement overload


I suppose having so many nice surpirses made me adventurous because I tried Thai Food this week for the first time. Well perhaps it was half excitement half the rave review by my boss, thanks Nicole! Last week she told us how GiGi had loved her dinner play date at Room Service (166 8th Avenue) and that one day we should try it and this week we did. As per her suggestion, we split Chicken Pad Thai and Chicken Satay and it was phenomenal, my mouth is literally watering thinking about it.


All and all, I'd say it was a pretty good week, and best of all, my favorite holiday not counting david Cook album drop day is Monday!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...