Friday, October 21, 2011

JOE COFFEE, 9TH AND 24TH

Don't tell Starbucks I am having an affair, and anyway, it is his own damn fault.


Let's start at the beginning; two weeks ago, I was rushing around tenth avenue desperately seeking a bathroom after my daily Starbucks vist left me with an all too full bladder. After the bank on the corner of 23rd informed me that theirs was for employees only I ran down to the cafe next door in desperation. It turned out to be Joe Coffee shop who kindly let me use theirs, in spite of the Starbucks cup in my hand.


After the immediate pee pants danger had passed, I walked back towards the door admiring my surroundings: the blue walls, the kitchy art, the little tables and it was love at first sight. I though that this must have been what it looked like in FALLING IN LOVE AT THE COFFEE SHOP, except for my lonely single status,and I made it a mental point to taste whatever coffee it was that I was smelling. Being the ever patient person that I am I went back three days later and two other times since. The coffee, Peaberry something tastes as good as it smells and appears to be the only blend.

This used to be something that annoyed me because I get bored easily (I believe experts call it ADD) but in the horrible, cold winter there was over a month straight where Starbucks served the most vile bold they had leading to my having to buy more expensive and more fattening lattes or inferior tasting coffee from chain establishments. STARBUCKS DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT A LADY!!

So, while most days it is nice to have my grande in a venti, dark as night, sweet and creamy flavor of the week in a mermaid cup, it is nice to have a place to just get a large labelless alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...