Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Picking

It's that time of year again. Leaves are changing, sleeves are are getting longer, I am beginning to get depressed at the idea of the return of endless cold and snow storms hot chocolates are becoming a treat option once again, and the apples are in full bloom. The weekends are beautiful- not too hot and not too cold- and a great activity choice for any age group, is apple picking.


I have been looking forward to my family's annual foray into farm life since Labor and, on a warm Autumn day, we piled into the car and made the hour long trip to the orchard.






The best part is that most orchards also have pumpkin patches so, the later you go, the more you can pick while there. The worst part of apple picking, for me, is the apple cider donuts. They taste phenomenal and are fresh out of the oil and into your bag. I am not a donuts eater except for this one time a year, but when I indulge, I really indulge. I literally ate them until my stomach started to hurt. So, I hope, for your sake, that you have better restraint than I do.

1 comment:

  1. I love apple picking! The photographer that took the shot of you is amazing, lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...