Friday, March 25, 2011

Words to live by, as told by THE DARK KNIGHT'S Joker

While it is quite possible that there are people who haven’t seen THE DARK KNIGHT, I cannot imagine there are many people in this world who don’t know the basic story of Batman so I thought instead of reviewing TDK and it 65 trillion actors, I instead would discuss some of the dialog by Gotham City’s craziest bad guy. While the Joker is clearly considered insane, probably criminally so, and sociopathic to be sure his words should not be taken lightly. After all, they do say genius borders on insanity, or as he puts it, "See, madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!"




"I believe whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you… stranger."

I know the phrase is usually STRONGER but I feel, since we are a product of what we have lived through, and since strength is arbitrary, it’s more accurate to say that experience causes idiosyncrasies.

"In their last moments, people show you who they really are."

Self explanatory


"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

Why would you? And who does? That is just the American way.

"You’ll see, I’ll show you, that when the chips are down, these … civilized people, they’ll eat each other."

Align CenterThere is no such thing as civility in chaotic times. If you don’t believe this, I recommend you go read LORD OF THE FLIES.

“It’s not about the money, it’s about sending a message. Everything burns!”

You can’t take it with you, smoke ‘em if you’ve got them, and the always popular we are all going to die; they all mean the same thing.





1 comment:

  1. Great post, I love the Joker. How sick am I? LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...