Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Delicious Quiche recipe

I like Quiche. At the Jersey Shore there is a Bakery Breakfast place called SUGAR and they make an amazing Quiche, which is a double blessing because I rarely get to eat it (basically before SUGAR opened, I had only eaten the dish as a party appetizer in the form of Petites) and because finding breakfast at the shore can be a challenge for me. Over the winter, perhaps because it was such a horrible one weather wise and I was attempting to recall sunshine on my skin, I tried several different quiches (both bakery and store bought) which disappointing results. Not only did they not equal the taste sensation I was used to but they were bad. I complained over and over and over to my mother like the brat that I didn’t know the problem. Had I out grown the taste for them? Maybe I was expecting too much. Then she discovered the problem; I do not like Swiss cheese which is the most common way it is made. SUGAR uses cheddar and so would my mother, as she promised to make one. Monday night I came home from work to the wonderful smell of my mother’s baking and, being the spoiled thing that I am, had to taste it immediately and not wait for Tuesday’s breakfast. I only had a sliver which but it was an orgasm in my mouth, which it remains even after having it for breakfast the last two mornings. It completely kicks SUGAR’s ass and you knew I couldn’t keep this to myself, so here now is the recipe of what I will code name SPOILED BRAT QUICHE. Enjoy…




1 ~ 9" Pie Shell ~ unbaked

2 to 4 Ozs. Shredded Cheese (Cheddar)

1/2 Cup Cooked Meat (Mom used 1/4 cup cubed ham)

1/4 cup minced onion

6 Eggs

1 & 1/2 Cups Half And Half

1/4 teaspoon Salt

1/8 teaspoon Pepper

Any veggies to taste


Sprinkle Cheese and Meat, vegetable etc in Pie Shell.

Beat Eggs. Blend in Half & Half and Seasonings. Pour Egg mixture over filling in pie shell.

Bake at 350°F in regular oven for 35 to 45 minutes OR--- Quiche is done when a knife in center comes out clean.

LET STAND 10 MINUTES.

Cut pie into 6 wedges.


***Ingredients for Quiche Lorraine: Swiss, bacon, onion. Dash nutmeg & cayenne.


***Some other ideas for what you might want to throw in when you make quiche: parsley, ham, sausage, green pepper, mushrooms, paprika, dill, basil, thyme, curry powder, broccoli flowerets

1 comment:

  1. Delicious indeed I don't think I will ever be able to eat another Quiche after that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...