Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WHAT I THOUGHT OF THE PATRIOT

As you may recall on January 29, I warned that readers should be ready because there would be blogs about Heath Ledger films coming. Now something you should know about me is that if I make a promise I intend to keep it and probably will follow through with in a year. : )


All joking aside, THE PATRIOT is one of Ledger's films that I hadn't seen before and it really got me thinking about the REVOLUTION. Now I was great at history and it would take literally no mind to believe that any war is civil but since England is such a good allie most of the time (and, you know they gave us such great entertainers) people tend to forget what bastards they we're. REMINDED

The film is, I'm pretty sure, fiction, at least I don't recall the Martin family. However, pre-crazy Mel Gibson's character watching his son die in front of him represents all of the real colonists who did just that. In addition, while Ledger might not portray an actual newlywed who returned to find his wife and friends had died in a burnt down church, there is no doubt in my mind that many innocent colonist we're really imprisoned in such infernos.


The film, itself, is well acted even if it is a bit long, and I absolutly recommend it but be warned SPOILER ALERT Ledger has a death seen and he lays there so still and realistic you may be disturbed or highly upset wondering about the events that transpired in January '08.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I had seen the movies before but I must have blocked out that Ledger dies b/c I did not remember that lol, it made me cry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...