Saturday, June 5, 2010

Friday Fun with Ms Baby Part One



Work days usually run from 9 o’clock in the morning to around 6 at night. However yesterday morning, Ms. Baby’s mother left a message asking if Lauren and I could stay a few hours extra so that she and her hubby to get together with an old friend. Of course we said yes, the baby is wonderful and a few more hours of playing with her is a piece of cake. Along with our usual park visits, playing, naps, diapers, and walks; Ms. Baby and we had a few extra adventures.


AFTERNOON

Normally for lunch we grab sandwiches, pizza, Hale and Harty or whatever cheap eats but I had a hankering for pasta so we decided to try Intermezzo, a few blocks away from the house.




I had Minestrone Soup and linguini in a Bolognese sauce. There was also a bread basket with some of the most delicious Italian breads I’ve ever tasted. The meal was delightful with the only exception being that the pasta was so sticky that it was hard to remove from the plate! Lauren had a butternut squash soup (she didn’t care for) and penne a la vodka, both of which I had to taste. The squash wasn’t the worst thing I have ever tasted but I don’t think I would order it and the penne was amazing.


After a few calls where I eased Ms. Mommy’s guilt about her night out without the baby, we decided to go to Penn Station for free Krispy Kreme donuts in celebration of National Donut Day.


For those that don’t know, Penn Station is located on 34th street and 7th Ave. which is about a 16 block walk from Ms. Baby’s house- as I’ve said before I’m a walker so this doesn’t me. However, we were sad to find out that all of the donuts were gone and there wouldn’t be another delivery for another hour. Oh well, good exercise and as a consolation we replaced our daily coffee with lattes (which Ms. Baby got very excited about and tried to steal.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...