Saturday, June 12, 2010

David Cook: My Anodyne

an·o·dyne

noun
1.
a medicine that relieves or allays pain.
2.
anything that relieves distress or pain: The music was an anodyne to his grief.

–adjective
3.
relieving pain.
4.
soothing to the mind or feelings.

-music
5.
Title of a Midwest Kings song off of their EP Luna Despierta, written by Andy Skib, Neal Tiemann, and David Cook


So it's not really news that i haven't blogged much this week, I've been busy and have a ton of things that I should be catching you all up on but it has been a bad day and I really don't feel like writing much. Instead I will catch you up on the one thing that I wasn't planning on writing about.

As i explained in March's LIFE OF A DAVID COOK FAN sometimes love for David is a sacrifice, most often the sacrifice of sleep. Wednesday night, Cook and his band, The Anthemic performed there first show since February after the culmination of a MLS game in Utah which meant staying up a bit after bedtime. The show was estimated to start somewhere between 10:30pm and 11pm but, due to weather issues it started around midnight here. It also meant i didn't fall asleep until around 2amm or 5 hours before my alarm woke me up for work Thursday.

I know it sounds insane but the second I heard his voice I knew it was worth it. He is my Anodyne and my happy thought and now, to pay it foward, here is the concert.
















(these are not my videos and i couldn't find one of LIGHT ON but this is audio from the show)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...