Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am not a dumb blond

I got a comment today from someone that said that I should write about things that matter not stupid fluff. I find this funny because the world relies strongest on escapism in times like these. However, I realize that it might at times seem like I am a flake who is a bit obsessive about American Idol Winners, celebrity gossip and other “fluffy” stuff. Unfortunately this isn’t true. I have accomplished many things in my life. These range from appearing in my first dance recital with my arm in a cast, to hitting the game winning triple in a softball championship, to getting first honor while suffering through a horrible spout with Lime Disease. However, as great as these things were, they are not the accomplishment I am MOST proud. My junior year of high school I scored a one hundred on my United States History regents. I was scared that I was going to fail one of my tests. It was stupid because I had been doing well in all of my classes but I just had a bad feeling. I studied like crazy for all of my tests and I figured I was doing okay on all of them, but nothing special. Then one day I was told my history teacher wanted to see me. I wondered what I had done and then he told me, “You got one hundred on your United States History regents”. I was ecstatic and a little in shock. All of my teachers soon followed with their congratulations. Apparently, this is a very rare accomplishment. It also proves, or can stand as evidence, that I am a rather smart individual who knows a little something about my country. So, to that guy, remember just because someone chooses not to write about hard news, doesn’t mean they aren’t politically minded and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...