Wednesday, October 10, 2012

conquering the pain

If someone told me over three months ago, when the doctor wrote me a prescription for a sinus infection that it would be autumn before I found what currently seems like an answer to what was causing the pain, I would have thought you were crazy. Then again at that point I would have believed I would be married and pregnant by October before I'd have believed that Gigi and I would have not seen each other in a month! I guess it is safe to say it has been a crazy few months.

About a month after my wisdom tooth extraction, I still was getting mind bending sinus pain and headache. At this point I was given two more weeks of what I believe to be the strongest antibiotic on the market. According to the dentist this was all he could do. maybe two weeks ago, still in pain, I resorted to prescription nasal spray, which I am still using. I had seen that there is a rarely reported correlation between gluten problems and sinus pain and headaches so (even though I had cut down on my intake a bit) I decided on the walk home from the pharmacy that I would have no gluten at all for several days so the expensive spray could start working.  That simple thought has now become my lifestyle for the foreseeable future.  The doctor had told me, when we had discussed my gluten intolerance that I would figure it out by listening to my body and though I didn't realize it at the time, my face was screaming.

I will miss certain foods I eat but, to paraphrase what the supermodels say, nothing tastes better than pain free feels.  At least I don't think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...