Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Horrible time at dinner tonight

Tonight I had the worst restaurant experience of my life at the T G I Fridays on 5th ave between 50&51st st.  Lauren and I were working the evening and since the location never stated that it was not handicap accessible, even though it wasn't, we had to carry little Xavier up the stairs in his carriage.  Thank God nobody who needs a wheelchair wasn't with us. 

We then waited 20 minutes for our server and then another 40 before our appitizer arrived.  We were told it had to be remade because it was wrong (I didn't want onions) and when it did come we had to sent it back because it was wrong again because the menu never stated that the dish had tomatoes which Lauren dreads.  After being told it was going to be another 10-20 before our appitizer would be ready so we asked if we could get the main course and talk to the manager while we waited. The appitizer arrived before either.  When the manager finally, after all of the food came, all he said was "I'll give you a discount all better" and abruptly walked away. 

The main course must have heated for the entire hour and a half because it was like trying to chew leather.  When the check arrived we asked about the alleged discount and our server said she would send the manager again.  When he arrived he rudely threw the check at Lauren and then yelled "here."  The discount he though was acceptable for all this trouble was $8 which, when you consider my entree alone cost over $22, is not a discount so much as an insult. 

I have always enjoyed TGI Fridays but I have also only ever visited one location and now I am scared to try any others in Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...