Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It’s astounding…

A week and a half ago NewCorp, the parent company of Fox, pulled its programming from Cablevision (as well as other service providers) in an attempt to blackmail more money for themselves. Fox claims they are not being paid fairly and will hold programming until the money dispute is resolved. I can understand this power play, or at least I am used to it; Disney did the same thing back in March during Oscar (Academy Awards not Sesame Street grouch) Weekend. I take issue with NewsCorp’s statement, however, because they have revoked all programming except for FoxNews . Apparently their completely one-sided right-winged propaganda doesn’t cost a thing.

Now I find it irritating, but not at all surprising, that this blackout would coincide with the Major League Baseball playoffs and subsequent World Series airing on Fox (ha ha jokes on you, the Yankees embarrassingly got themselves eliminated.) As I mentioned Disney went out the night before the Oscars but after agreeing to arbitration they returned the Television feed for the Award ceremonies. ABC and its affiliates were out for less than 24 hours whereas this is going on two weeks. So why am I pissed? Tonight is the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW episode of musical-high school comedy GLEE.

So since I (and probably you) cannot watch it, I figured I would share the music that I found on YouTube, enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. ha ha! I love this post! You are great! Love from London, Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...