Thursday, October 21, 2010

Prayers for Baby Camilla

I believe in the power of prayer.

Raised Catholic but also raised to question things, I’m not sure about all of religion, not mine so much as religion as a practice in general. It’s nothing against Catholicism; I was baptized under the Apostle’s Creed* and I stand by it. it’s just that the Bible was passed down through generations of people before ultimately written by human hands, and I can’t help but wonder if somewhere along the line the fallible humans with their God given free will might have taken creative liberties. Prayer, however, is our direct line to God and that is something that can never be tarnished because it isn’t passed around like a game of Telephone. And I have seen prayer work, my life is a result of it and every morning and evening I remember to thank Him for keeping me here and for the life I have, and to ask for help for those who aren’t as luck as my spoiled behind. I might spend the hours between out little chats complaining to whoever will listen about whatever it is that has pissed me off at that particular idiom but when it comes time to talk to God, that all melts away.

Recently I have been praying for my Boss’ niece, and I am asking all who are willing to please join me. Her name is Camilla, she was born in September and recently she has gotten very ill and the outlook is not bright. I have met her mother only once, it was while she was pregnant, but she is a wonderful lady and comes from a wonderful family (not that that should factor into weather you choose to try and help a child.)

I’m opening this up to anyone, I believe in God in the Catholic Sense but you don’t have to, just please ask whoever or whatever it is you believe to be the greater power to please save this little angel and protect her family from the heartache of such an immeasurable loss.



*THE APOSTLE'S CREED
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I will absolutely continue praying for baby Camilla and I hope others see this and join us. Prayer can help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...