Friday, September 10, 2010

A Little Friday Fun

I haven't been blogging much lately because I don't want to be a downer and I've been in a bit of a funk. Summer is over and I have no dog which leads me to be a bit Depressed whimpery. I feel a bit like King Arthur in Spamalot "All my knights have fled and I'm lost in this dark and very expensive forest."

And speaking of Spamalot, I've been watching as much Monty Python as possible so that I can laugh hard and long to forget about the less than perfect Summer which leads to, not a lot of things to write about.

Then there is David Cook. It's been a year since I saw him live, last and there is nothing new to report on his new record except that there is nothing to report. He is in New York but there is no (announced) show to attend so I have convinced myself out of desperation that there will be a last minute or secret show announce. At this point I will drop whatever I am doing and go to the show. Think I'm kidding? Tonight, coming home on the Subway, I was checking Twitter for any announcement and had David said, "Surprise I'm going on stage tonight," I would've gotten off the uptown train and gone right back down town (or come home to change depending on how late the show would be.)

If this sounds needy, it isn't. It's desperate because, when I reached the stop where I get service I realized that I had no battery power so I took my friend's battery (which doesn't fit in my phone) and physically held the smaller battery in place by jaming my knuckle in the gap (yes really.) So, it is clear I have gone insane but there is still one shining joy that hasn't changed and that is the little girl I nanny. I find her fascinating!


Feeding me her leftovers



Finding her Dinosaur


Hair clip? No this is a duck!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling down, happy G cheered you up (or at least distracted you) and lastly you say desperate I say dedicated lol. Oh and one more thing I've got a fever and there's only one cure. No it's not more cowbell it's more Python lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, such is life
    How is the book?
    I just read the schedule for Rockwood this weekend, it's solid and none of the acts sound like fake covers for David Cook.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...