Monday, September 13, 2010

In which I become a tennis fan and David Cook heals a baby

I played tennis in elementary school, and I was rather good. Not go pro good but definitely able to hold a relatively competitive match and had a decent chance of winning, good. Because I had this prior experience I then took tennis in college because it was an easy A and it would boost my freshmen GPA. This is the extent of my Tennis knowledge and I could care less about watching it as a sport. That was until I found out a few weeks ago that David Cook would be performing “America the Beautiful” at the men’s final which was scheduled for yesterday.

Now to say that I was excited was an understatement. I really love “America the Beautiful” and I was going to be able to see Cook for the first time over a month. I had, since realizing that US Open tickets are too expensive to buy for a 4 minute performance, planned to be home at 4pm on September 12th and there was nothing that could make me break that promise to myself. However, yesterday in New York was rainy so 4 was pushed back to 4:45, 5:15, 5:45, and then 6:30 before the game, and therefore the performance, was postponed until today at 4. Luckily, Cook was able to spend the extra day in New York and I decided that I would do my best to be inside Ms Baby’s apartment.

Being inside for several minutes is normally not an issue as there are a lot of toys and normally 4 is between feedings and after second nap. Today was more complicated (I mean it wouldn’t be worth seeing him if there was no challenge) because Ms Baby is being terrorized by some very large and even meaner molars but miraculously we managed to be in the apartment and while she was a bit fussy, as long as I held her, there was no screaming. I became rather excited to hear the introduction, and better still is, as soon as the first note came across the air, Ms Baby stopped wiggling and fussing and just looked at the screen smiling. Much like he has done for me many times, David Cook provided her anodyne.

I mean really who could blame her?

Not surprisingly, I now have a new favorite version of my favorite patriotic song and I do believe Cook has a new tiny fan.

1 comment:

  1. What a great version of a great song. Loved the planes at the end. I think he would of stayed in NY anyway today. Hope Ms. Gigi feels better. Teeth suck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...