Friday, September 17, 2010

I feel a bit jipped


Ever since I was a little girl in Ruby Red shoes there has always been a strange curiosity about tornadoes. I know they are destructive but they are a bit mythical too, at least for a little girl from New York City. I can imagine in the Midwest they can become a bit tiresome. Apparently, when I was a baby, I was on a plane that was being trailed by one but other than that, my tornadoes have been limited to L. Frank Baum and Michael Crichton (author of Twister.)

So yesterday, there I was on my way home from Jamba Juice when what happened but I was caught in my very first Tornado and do you know what? I thought it was just a thunder storm until the news reported it was actually a tornado. The winds picked up and it began to rain a bit and then the sky ripped in two and I got soaked but I didn’t see any funnel cloud ( I know because Lauren said, “it looks like a tornado or something,” and I began to watch the sky.)

I didn’t get to say, “GiGi I don’t think we’re in Chelsea anymore!” You would think at the very least, when I got back indoors a “Wicked” poster would’ve flown passed the window but that didn’t happen either. When it was all over, I was still on the New York side of the rainbow; there was no big green city; or color changing horses (or dogs for that matter); I had not befriended any wild beasts, straw men, or a tin fellow; and nobody traveling via bubble gave me as a pair of shoes that look amazing and are comfortable on long walks!

Gosh, it’s like you can’t believe everything you read or something. Now if you’ll excuse me, Graham and I will be in the closet trying to figure out which way it is to Narnia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...