Thursday, April 19, 2012

American Reunion

I once spoke about how Ten Things I Hate About You and how it held a place in my heart because those characters were teens in my world and how I grew up with the actors. However,there was never a follow up and due to the fact that Heath Ledger was such a major part, there most likely never will be. The characters exist only in that one unique time, American Pie's teens however grew up.


The AP gang were four years older than me which, being a discussing R rated sex comedy created an interesting dynamic between me and them. Unlike 10 Things, this was not a movie I could see in theatres at 13. I saw it on VHS (you know those old things) as soon as it came out and luckily my parents are cool enough to have gone with me to the sequel American Pie two. Those movies, though containing music I knew, clearly weren't relatable to my life as I was not exactly a sex crazed teenage boy and still have never wanted to sex a pie. That being said they were hilarious (filthy but hilarious) and watching felt dirty/dangerous and naughty in that way that you feel when you are young, naive and innocent.


By the time the franchise's third installment American Wedding, came out I was old enough to buy R-rated tickets so needless to say it was PG13. It was also my least favorite and, I assumed, the end of an era. Until now...

Sure, the last few years saw straight to dvd "American Pie Present" films but I had no interest in those; after all I was an adult now- no need for stupid potty humor. Still the whole cast coming back for 'Reunion met I would be seeing it. I have also decided it's ok to like potty humor in your twenties because Melissa Macarthy became world renown for pooping in a sink.

I have to say, I see a free movie almost every single week but this might have been the best no money I have ever not spent (and well worth a ticket price.) Aside from the fact that the gang doesn't get together very much apparently (boo) and the weird adjustment to them being thirty, and therefore I am nearing it- I absolutely loved the film. I did nothing but laugh and would see it 100 more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...