Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I've been thinking about writing a list of things that I am thankful for, like my mother and my job, in honor of thanksgiving but then I realized the notion showed exactly why I should. Thanksgiving is a time to think about everything we are thankful for but one day in November isn't enough.

I have a tendency, like a lot of people, of focusing on what isn't going my way at any given moment. It could always be better but what we all need to keep in mind when life starts getting us down is that it could always be a lot worse too and starting today I am going to try and do that.

It is true that I am thankful to be for the most part healthy person with decades of life to explore ahead of me, who has people in this world who do love me and who I love back, with a job that makes me smile everyday working for bosses nicer than anyone hopes for, and a dog to play with. But that isn't enough. No matter how hard a day or week or month, or year: I am thankful for every moment of sun I feel, every smile that crosses my lips, every breath I take, and every day that I am alive no matter how much crap comes my way.

Through it all, I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, I'm going to start trying to have this out look on life as well. It's a cheesy saying but "today is a gift that's why it's called the present" and that really is true.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...