Thursday, August 5, 2010

Celebrating 11:59

As I mentioned on Monday night, Ryan Star's 11:59 has finally been released. For fans this has been a long time coming and the result has been a several days long celebration. After collectively waiting up until midnight to watch as one by one, everyone started tweeting "Got it," fans convened in the Filmore at Irving Plaza in New York City for the CD release celebration. While openers Lion of Ido and Thriving Ivory were entertaining and surprising respectfully, it was clear who everyone was there to see and Star did not disappoint, with this stellar set list*.



We Might Fall

Brand New Day




Right Now


Last Train Home (not available)


11:59


Sink or Swim (not available)


The One You Know


Losing Your Memory (acoustic) and So Ordinary


Psycho Suicidal Girl



Start A Fire

Breathe


You and Me




Back of Your Car - (with Stage)


Aside from the performance being amazing, one of the greatest parts of the night was being able to celebrate with all of these other people who shared my excitement, some of whom I'd talked to at other concerts but most who I'd only ever spoken with on twitter.

The next night, Dallin Applebaum (Music Monday: Dalin Applebaum) kicked off the after after party at Rockwood Hall and was followed up by Lion of Ido, both of whom were phanomenal. Now I won't flood this blog even further by posting both of their sets but I do have to include Ido's song Aly, a song I've never seen before that is just beautiful



Also, I'd kick myself if I didn't show you Lion of Ido's cover of Jordin Spark's No Air


As you can imagine, I am exhausted (I haven't had time to upload all of my vacation pictures, let alone all the ones from this week) but it has been a blast.




*These are not my videos, I claim no rights to them. They were taken by other fans in attendance and you can see the ever-updating list here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...