Friday, December 21, 2012

And so we enter 12-21-12

We enter the last day predicted by the Myan calander and too their predicted end of the world.   It has been 19 months since the last scheduled apocalypse came and went (the one I questioned might have been caused by Terry Gilliam) I am still here and hope that many are right when they bet the end is indeed not so near. Still one should never take things like Rapture lightly and while I said that nearly dying in a worldwide rolling earthquake put things into perspective at the time, perhaps I got a bit cocky. At the time I listed reasons why I was excited to continue living, which I have listed below along with how I am doing or rather provcrastinating at achieving the goals nearly twenty months later.

1. more time to read GOOD OMENS
I did finish reading this book, several months later and have also gone on to read two of the Hunger Game books.  I feel these books have given important lessons on surviving an apocalypse and post disaster society.

2. More time to not read HARRY POTTER- still going strong and have added not seeing the movies or participating in anything associated with Tolken

4. Time to think of a number three
I found number 3- there are two 15s!!!

5. Get to see more Terry Gilliam movies (or maybe not)
Fun fact: Terry Gilliam just finished making the film Zero Therum and now the end of days could be here.  When will this madness end? God Terry how many times does the earth have to threaten the end before you get the message.  Also, he said he had to make the movie before the end of the year; what does he know? Better still TG, what are you sorcerous director? Good or evil?

6. Watch SNL with Justin Timberlake- I did and it wasn't his best.

7. buy David Cook album- Yup and saw him two more times. Ready for more music if we survive.

8. More concerts- there are never enough

9. Continue to say all the places I want to visit before I die.
I have continued to do so but have not gone to any of them. 


10. Continue to bitch about how far away Australia is and how long it takes to get there.- check

11. Put Graham in drag.- Not full on but we are getting closer

12. Have a Pug 13. Have children- no to both

14. Question why Pug came before children- clearly because children talk back and pugs always love you

15. See the newest TRANSFORMERS and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN to understand why any movies need a year of promo.
I did see them and now I question why the continue to make them. Or why Johnny Depp is considered a great actor.

15. Continue to make Phillip S. Hoffman confused- I take pride in this but need to do more

16. Mock two more TWILIGHT films-double check

17. See Prince William get crowned King- that old bag is never dying

18. Live in Manhattan 19. Smoke pot
Still not a Manhattan dwelling pot head

20. Go on the Disney Cruise :(

Sadly the only notable things to happen are loosing G, Baby Tom, and my ability to digest wheat products.  So I plead for more life

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...