Sunday, June 5, 2011

I don't think I like Batman

In the summer of 2008, I was hell bent on seeing THE DARK KNIGHT for one reason and only one reason; Heath Ledger. Sure the reviews were great and it was billed as the rare sequel that was better than the original but it didn't matter. The whole world could of hated it, Ledger had died earlier that year and with IMAGINARIAM (his final film) in limbo, I needed to see one of my favorite actors one more time.

Here we are three years later, and the film is one of my top 5 most watched, but it still has everything to do with Ledger- I love the Joker! Don't get me wrong, the plot is riveting throughout but the scenes with Joker make it. I wouldn't say I root for the demented clown, but I like him as a character a lot more than The Caped Crusader.

At first I thought this was because Christian Bale reminded me of a sleaze I know but as I sit here finally watching BATMAN BEGINS I realize it is actually just that Batman is lame. I mean he is a vigilante but he lives by the rule that he can't kill anyone. If he had killed The Joker he would have saved dozens of innocent people. I mean that is logic, ask the army. Also, he has got all these cool gadgets, a gagillian dollars, and the police on his side and he is matched wit for wit by a clown who freely admits he is just winging it.

Just Saying

1 comment:

  1. Omg love this post, Batman=lame Joker=awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...